Mission & Profile
The Medicine Hat Women's Shelter Society is a non-profit board run agency. Our services are available at no cost and we serve Medicine Hat and surrounding area.
Our VisionAll women and children have access to resources that empower them to live a life free of family violence.
Our MissionThe Medicine Hat Women's Shelter Society supports women and children who are experiencing family violence by providing them with safe shelter, education and access to community resources.
- Ensure that resources are available to implement quality programs that support women and children who are experiencing family violence.
- Develop funding strategies to sustain ongoing programming of The Medicine Hat Women's Shelter Society
- Increase community awareness about The Medicine Hat Women's Shelter Society and issues of family violence.
- Recognize the value of our staff and ensure the carefully considered recruitment, training, evaluation and recognition of all employees.
- Ensure the proper maintenance, security and efficient use of their land and buildings.
- Commit to a defined purpose and maintain stability and diversity among board members.